Thursday, May 14, 2015

High fantasy and science fiction have to be my two favorite genres, I have not read many books within high fantasy but one book left such an impression on me that it immediately tied with science fiction as  my favorite genre. The books that I've read within this genre are:

A Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin,


I read this book for class as an out of comfort zone book, and it was one of the best decisions I've made as a reader. It was out of my comfort zone because of a few factors, the gore, the depth of the descriptions and the amount of internal conflicts. I loved this book for all of the things that made it an out of comfort zone book. I loved the many twists and turns this book made and the style of writing within high fantasy really impressed upon me the grandeur of the genre. I love the fact that each high fantasy author has to create a world of his own and then write stories within his world.













Science fiction:

Science fiction, before I met High Fantasy, was my one and only. I love it because of my interest in all science and also the way it was written. I love the way that the story revolves around science, but other than that I cannot really explain the love I have for science fiction. 
I loved this particular book because of the fact that it is a Jules Verne book and that it revolved around the Nautilus, which is the submarine that they travel in, and the fact that it was so far before its time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment