Monday, April 6, 2015

Family LIfe

For Readers Choice we had to read Family Life by Akhil Sharma. I found the book incredibly dull, and I was never fully invested in the book. The book was a relatively quick read, I finished it in a few hours. It had little substance and nothing really happened at a pace which would keep me interested. I was able to relate, but only because the story of how my family came to America was very similar, so I was fairly bored by the whole book. It was not bad, it just wasn't good in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this book was really dull. The author added unnecessary information that just made the novel drag on in which case made it more boring for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this book was very dull and I felt like there should have been more storyline to it other then Birju's accident and the family going through a hard time because of it(through I don't really think that aspect of it was bad because it a least showed the characters emotions with dealing with the accident). Aside from that there could have been a side storyline to try to make the book more cheerful instead of just miserable and boring.

    ReplyDelete